All About Reading Level 2: First Impressions


All About Reading Level 2
First Impressions



Level 2

I saw a lot of success when I used the All About Reading Level 1 with my son.  I jumped at the opportunity to purchase the Level 2 materials before we even finished level 1. I wanted time to review the materials before he needed to use the program. Check out my first impressions video on YouTube.


What it Included

o   Teachers Manual
o   Student Pack (includes leap into reading activity book)
o   Who am I decodable reader
o   Queen Bee decodable reader

The teachers manual, student packet and decodable readers. 




What I Already had

·         Basic Reading Interactive Kit





My Initial Thoughts

Level 2 appears to have many of the same materials as level 1. This will be great, because it will keep a consistent routine and structure for my sons reading instruction. Check out my review on The All About Reading Level 1 to see the full “routine” I also have a video review on YouTube.  

I am interested to see how the syllable tags are used. This set only came with two decodable readers, compared to the three that come in Level 1, I am curious to see if this is enough. When I glanced through the readers there appears to be much more writing per page than the level 1 decodable readers.

The Reading Syllable Tags included in All About Reading Level 2.


Being a teacher new materials are always exciting for me. My hope is to start level 2 with my son in the next few weeks.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All About Spelling Level 1: Review

Test Day

Review of the All About Reading Level 1